Monday, September 8, 2008

Functional Art

Rebel and I found 6 great dining chairs begging for new life and so I've been indulging in a fabric hunt. I have a weakness for fabrics, any kind.
It is not uncommon for me to fall in love with a piece and buy a yard or two not knowing what I might use it for. Some pieces have been used for throw pillows, some have turned out to be perfect for my vision of that years Thanksgiving tablecloth or Easter napkins,
others have become quilted squares on my childrens' beds.
It has happened that I've come across a great armchair in need of a new look and have only had to go so far as my fabric drawer to find a fitting piece.
To me, fabric is functional art.
These upholstery swatches are some of the ones that have recently caught my eye.

All images from Fabric.com
Trellis Stripe Rose,
Plume Teal, Branching Out Blue, Anna's Drawing Room;Full Bloom Orange, Dream Poppy Field, Sunrise Seafoam, Full Bloom Moss, Amy Butler; Glam Wan Blue/ Natural; Lovely Lattice Jungle, Waverly; Amsterdam Olive/White; York Antique Gold, Sunbrella

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh man! All of these are so lovely!!!! However will you choose?!

Two Tall Girls said...

We've decided to go with a classic linen. The chairs have a beautiful wood detail that will be complimented tremendously by linen's simplicity. We're looking forward to the end result!